Technology has made our lives much more convenient than we can imagine. It evolves every seconds of everyday with new innovations and advancement which has greatly impacted almost every part of our lives. With these innovations, here’s a list of the trends to expect in 2018.
- 5G network: it is really important to stay connected always, not only because of our loved ones but also for business purpose. Most businesses, whether it requires you to stay in your home country or to travel you must stay connected somehow. With flows of overflowing information everywhere on the internet, access of data, will force developers to move towards the 5G network. It will bring rapid growth to communication industry, develop usage of IOT (internet of things) with faster download speed and ability run more internet apps.
- Artificial Intelligence (AR): this is the ability of machines to perform human functions without any given instructions on how to carry it out. It won’t be long, before this type of learning, becomes ‘new normal’. Some computers activities are already designed with artificial intelligence in terms of speech recognition, image recognition, another example is the new Facebook feature that recognizes many of our friend’s faces in posted photos and we are prompt to tag them with their names. AR is replacing ID cards in some corporate organizations. This tech, would be one of the biggest tech trend in 2018.
- Block Chain: this is the technology behind Bitcoin and other crptocurrencies with breakthroughs in a number of industries especially financial services. It allows any digital information to be distributed but not copied, accessible but cannot be edited. With successes in some financial industries, this new technology may fully gain ground in the financial industry in 2018 and adopted by others.
- Augmented Reality (AR): we expect to see more of this in the coming year as 2017 has birth it already. The new update of Apple’s mobile operating system this year is the ability to run augmented reality apps. There are apps that display measuring tools like measuring tape on phone’s screen in the Apple app store where you can measure the width and length of your kitchen cabinet for example with on your phone’s screen. The recent release of Google’s Pixel 2 phone, AR is sure to spark in 2018. I expect we see more of AR apps in the coming year with the release of ARCore, an AR Kit for developers.
- Smart home Technology: Goals of residing in smart homes have been met to some extent in 2017 with the advancement of internet of Things (IOT), Smart home devices like the August Smart Lock, smart home apps, has dominated the market. However, 2018 technological trends would step up towards satisfying our dreams.
Written by Busayo Tomoh