Distance learning is gaining prominence among students eager to upgrade themselves for better career prospects.
Distance degree courses serve as a great alternative for students looking for further education without undergoing more conventional classroom learning. Online courses, no doubt, offer much freedom and flexibility. Most students enrolling for distance education courses are working full-time and are not in a situation to quit their jobs. They need a source of income to run their family’s expenses. Hence, in order to upgrade their educational qualifications along with a job, they prefer taking up distance learning courses.
Top benefits of studying a distance learning programme
Distance learning has a number of benefits as compared to classroom learning, which include:
1. The student gets an opportunity to learn at his own pace.
2. Classroom learning allows you to listen to any class lesson only once. But with distance courses, the learner has the freedom to replay that portion of the audio or video tape or re-read a particular module which he/she is not clear about.
3. In classroom learning, the time spent on a particular module depends on the teacher, which is not the case with distance learning. Here, the student can decide the amount of time to be spent on any particular module.
4. Distance programmes offer students the flexibility to use time according to their requirements
5. Another added benefit is that students have access to learning anywhere and at any time with no limitations and restrictions time and location of study. It gives students ample time to spend with their family and work.
6. Above all, distance education saves the time and cost incurred in travelling.
7. Distance learning is available for a wide spectrum of degree courses.
8. You can usually also set your own pace of study.
9. It is your decision as to when and where you study.
10. It doesn’t matter where you live – you can gain a degree from anywhere in the world.
11. As with a full-time degree, students may find that they gain useful, transferable skills, such as planning and research.